University of California at Davis, King Hall School of Law, J.D.
University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business, B.S.
Mr. Yeung’s practice involves all areas of labor and employment law, with a particular emphasis on litigation. He has defended private and public sector employers in numerous lawsuits involving claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation; failure to provide reasonable accommodations; whistle blower claims; and wage and hour violations. He has extensive experience handling all aspects of litigation, including jury trials and appellate litigation in both the state and federal courts.
Mr. Yeung is also widely recognized for his expertise in public sector labor law. In 2004 he was appointed by the Governor as a Legal Adviser to the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) where he advised the Board in over 100 precedential decisions. Mr. Yeung is one of only a handful of California attorneys to have litigated cases before PERB under the Dills Act (state employees), MMBA (city, county and other local employees), and HEERA (higher education employees). Mr. Yeung shares his experience and knowledge of PERB matters on the “California PERB Blog” (http://www.caperb.com), the first California legal blog focused on public sector labor relations.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Yeung handles collective bargaining, both as a negotiator and providing legal advice. He is also frequently called upon to conduct workplace investigations.
Mr. Yeung is a frequent speaker at seminars throughout California and has authored several articles on labor and employment law issues. He is theimmediate past Chair of the 6,000 member Labor & Employment Law Section of the State Bar of California and President of the Labor and Employment Relations Association of Northern California.Mr. Yeung is a former Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Sacramento County Bar and a former member of the City of Davis Personnel Board.
Prior to joining Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai LLP, Mr. Yeung served as a Deputy Attorney General in the Employment Law Section of the California Department of Justice. Mr. Yeung has also served as a Legal Adviser to PERB and as a Labor Relations Counsel with the California Department of Personnel Administration.
- Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of California
- Chair, Executive Committee (2011-2012)
- Vice-Chair, Executive Committee (2010-2011)
- Chair, Public Sector Sub-Committee (2006-08)
- Member, Executive Committee (2005-Current)
- Labor and Employment Law Section, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Section Chair (2005-06)
- Volunteer Attorney, Employment Law Clinic, Voluntary Legal Services Program (1998-Current)
- Labor and Employment Relations Association of Northern California (LERANC)
- President (2011-Present)
- Member, Executive Committee (2008-Current)
- California Association of Workplace Investigators
- Member (2010-Current)
- City of Davis Personnel Board, Board Member (1998-2004)
- Revision Editor, “Pocket Guide to the Meyers-Milias-Brown Act” California Public Employee Relations Program (2012)
- Chapter Author, “California Public Sector Employment Law” Matthew Bender (2011)
- Author, “PERB Signals New Direction; But Will It Last?” Bender’s California Labor & Employment Law Bulletin (February, 2011)
- Author, “You Can’t Stop Love: Managing Workplace Romance,” California Labor and Employment Law Review (July 2007)
- Author, “Discovery of Confidential Peer Review Materials in Title VII Actions,” 29 U.C. Davis Law Review 167 (1995).
- Presenter, “Preparing and Opposing Pre-Trial Motions,” Sacramento Public Law Library (November 2012)
- Presenter, “AB 646: What We Still Don’t Know,” County Personnel Administrators Association of California (March 2012)
- Presenter, “You Local Rules: Is It Time for a Tune-Up?” California Public Employers Labor Relations Association Conference (November 2011)
- Presenter, “Practice Before PERB,” California Public Employee Relations Program (May 2011)
- Presenter, “Drafting the Perfect Settlement Agreement,” California Public Employers Labor Relations Association Conference (November 2010)
- Presenter, “Litigating a Disability Discrimination Case – From Intake Through Trial,” State Bar Labor and Employment Law Section Annual Meeting (2010)
- Presenter, “Basics of Preparing and Opposing Pre-Trial Motions,” Continuing Education of the Bar (September 2010)