Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai LLP (Public Law Group™) was founded to serve large and small public agencies, nonprofits and community-based organizations, and private entities throughout California. The Public Law Group™ combines the knowledge of legal practitioners with the practical experience of human resources professionals. The firm is built on the successful outside-the-box approach developed by our Chair, former San Francisco City Attorney Louise Renne.
We work with clients in a number of practice areas including:
- ADA Facilities Compliance
- Administrative Hearings & Arbitration
- Appeals & Writs
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- Employment Law & Litigation
- Government Ethics
- Labor Relations & Labor Law
- Land Use and CEQA
- Public Agency General and Special Counsel
- Public Interest Litigation
- Workplace Investigations
Our firm’s robust consulting group, known as the Public Management Group (PMG), draws on the specialized skills of top professionals in the fields of compensation, benefits, finance, and public relations.
Read about all of our practice areas here.
Our Clients Include
Cities & Counties
Community College Districts
Our Attorneys and Consultants Have Served As
- San Francisco City Attorney, Chief Deputy City Attorney, and Deputy City Attorneys
- Richmond City Attorney and Chief Deputy City Attorney
- Sunnyvale City Attorney
- General Counsel to PERB and Counsel to PERB members
- General Counsel for the San Francisco Unified School District
- Chief Counsel for California Secretary of State
- Directors of Personnel, Human Resources, and Labor Relations
- Assistant Attorneys General
Read more about our firm here.